Tuesday, October 13, 2009

good girls go bad-- the leather jacket



So when I was getting my daily dose of People Mag, I pretty much died with happiness to see Jessica Simpson in one of my favorite articles of clothing--a leather jacket. I bought a black faux leather bomber jacket on Black Friday of 2008 for $19 and I can say it has been one of my best purchases ever.

Leather jackets are a great way to add a hard edge to a glamorous look this fall AND you don't have to pay a lot to find the jacket that's just right for you.



leather jackets come is so many styles, from bombers to vests to trenches so it's important to try on a few styles and see what looks best on you. Try shopping in a favorite pair of jeans and a fitted tee and if your daring enough, bring a floral sundress you'd like to mix into your winter/fall wardrobe. A versatile leather jacket is something you'll love forever!

Enjoy! And remember, you don't have to spend a lot to always look hot ;)

-Meredith Leigh

12 comments:

Tights Lover said...

Wow. $19??? Very well done on your part!

Anonymous said...

i love the jacket jessica is wearing! do you know who it is by?

simplycheapchic said...

it was my only buy of the day, but so worth the venture to the mall on black friday!!

and I'm tryign to find that jacket myself! I will for sure let you know if I have any luck =]

M said...

Not a fan of Jessica, but she does look great in her jacket!

Emily Cato said...

I think she looks amazing! I've been searching for a leather jacket for the longest time and I can't find any! I think I like the brown one though, so Forever 21 HERE I COME!

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE your blog!?

simplycheapchic said...

CC-As a blonde, I like Jess til she opens her mouth...but i do like the concept of her new show, the one about "what is beauty" and she travels all over the world find people's opinions of beauty. so she does get props for that.

Emily-Forever21 has everything! I love it!! and thank you! It's good to know people like to read my blog =]

espiègle said...

oh my, $19? very tempting! especially for a leather jacket lover like me! :)

erika sorocco said...

I so adore the title of this post - that's one of my favorite songs at the moment.

You featured some great options here - Forever 21 is amazing in the coat/jacket department this season! :)

Emily Cato said...

So I realized I don't look that good in leather jackets. :( :-p

Props to anyone who can pull off such a fabulous look!

simplycheapchic said...

if it helps, thats how i felt til i found the one i have now! i thought i looked like a wannabe but this one has a more feminine touch to it!

good luck!

Closet Full of Nothing said...

I'm all about leather jackets at the moment, real or faux.. love em all! great post :)

HiFashion said...

I love leather Jackets. I have one, but haven't worn it yet...hopefully I can get it out this winter!

Post a Comment