Saturday, October 17, 2009

DIY Studded Shoes

Before i start my post, i just need to throw out that I am madly in love with the John Mayer cover of "Free Fallin". I'm a huge Tom Petty fan (he's a local!) and John's sweet voice just melts me!



On a shoe hunt, i was looking through photos from fashion shows and found these awesome Balmain strappy heels. They have studs and rhinestones all over (i LOVE bling) but i couldn't figure out where to find them so I decided to make a pair of my own.



I also bought some rhinestones to decorate mine with! I would also recommend buying the shoes FIRST then the studs/ bling just to see what matches the shoe style.

To place to studs, you can either hammer them through the fabric (be careful!) and then use wires to bend the edges in OR you can buy a stud setting too for a relatively cheap price. If you find hammering to be too difficult, you can also glue. If you plan on gluing, make sure to wipe down the shoe first.

Next, you can add rhinestones for a little bling. I really like how the Balmain shoes have rhinestones as the band on the ankle strap! Now just let the glue dry and you have your very own, custom studded shoes!

I wish my camera cord was working so I could upload my creation! the key to creating awesome shoes is to pay attention to the anatomy of the shoes and to not overdo one the studs. I wanted to find platformed heels so i could add bling to the platform but no luck!

Time to get creative and don't forget, you don't have to spend a lot to look hot!

-Meredith Leigh

10 comments:

erika sorocco said...

My Balmain obsession is so unhealthy. I die at those shoes! Cute DIY idea - I may just have to try it out. Loving all of your DIY suggestions this week - I don't know which one to try out first! :)

simplycheapchic said...

aw thanks! I used to have a DIY blog but it got all hacked and virus-y =[ so sad!

daisychain said...

I love those shoes, I'm not patient enough to do that kind of DIY though!

E said...

You're a genius! I've been wanting to try this on a boring pair of strappy heels that I have!

M said...

What a great DIY! I don't like everything Balmain, but those shoes are really awesome... i might try DIYing a pair. Thanks!

Unknown said...

This is such a great post! Very informative! I love the blog by the way! I'm going to become a follower! Thanks so much for checking out my blog! I hope you have a wonderful day!

la petite fashionista said...

can't wait to see your finished creation!:)

Tights Lover said...

Great post! I'm honestly obsessed with studded shoes lately.

HiFashion said...

Great DIY post. You made it sound so easy. Shoes with a lot of bling on them are great!

Anonymous said...

mmmmm those shoes are so fabulous, im having mindgasms. and i def need to get back on the diy wagon.

Post a Comment